Do I need a Durgo Valve | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Do I need a Durgo Valve in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Anj

Hi appreciate some advice - whether or not I need to install a durgo valve In a new downstairs bathroom....

the soil for the downstairs connects to the old soil for the upstairs which (as it’s an old house) the stack terminates above the roof line.

my uncle keeps on banging on about regs requiring a Durgo valve to be added for flow/air admittance, but in my thinking so long as the new soil has a connection to the old soil pipe vent stack then I don’t need this Durgo valve (it requires extra boxing and space in an already small bathroom and so want to avoid if I can).

from new toilet to bottom of old soil vent is about 2m and from shower plug hole about 3.2m

can you folks smarter and more knowledgable let me know what you think?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not if you’re joining up with the old one. I...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
First, ensure the exact position of the leak...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Vado do a plastic bodied universal click clack...
Replies
Views
Alasdair Fleming
A
  • Question
Could you post a picture of the shower trap...
Replies
Views
Back