Do I need a expansion vessel fitted to my system | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Do I need a expansion vessel fitted to my system in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

P

Paul Jay

I have just had a water meter fitted and since been told I need a small expansion vessel fitted to my domestic hot water system as the meter will have a NRV in. I have also been told no I don't as my boiler is over 10meters away from the meter and any expansion will be taken up within the pipework, aproxx distance boiler is from meter is 20 meters. Boiler is a Worcester Greenstar Cdi combi. I would be grateful for any help with this question as i am now regretting having this meter fitted, Thanks.

It's in the WB installation instructions under 'Water Supply', e.g.:

"Where the mains water supply has a non-return, back flow prevention valve fitted, a mini expansion vessel (A) should be connected to the mains water inlet pipe (B) between the non-return valve (C) and the boiler (D) as shown opposite."

To reduce the potential for damage and leaks caused by overpressure, I suggest you don't use the 'pre-heat' function on the boiler until you have a mini EV installed.

Similar plumbing topics

R
thanks mate.
Replies
Views
rahul sood
R
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
A
As above 1 bar is more than enough vallants...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
  • Question
Potentially you need a extra one for the...
Replies
Views
Back