Do I need a new Soil Pipe Vent in the roof? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Do I need a new Soil Pipe Vent in the roof? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

I am installing a new toilet into my en-suite bathroom (there isn't one there currently). There is an existing soil pipe under the floor that I can connect to but it is not vented and is currently just used for the shower waste.

There is a toilet on the other side of my house that does have a vented soil pipe.

I have a septic tank in the garden and both soil pipes ultimately feed into that same tank. They meet together outside my backdoor and then there is a single pipe that feeds into the septic tank.

Do I need to extend the soil pipe where i am fitting the toilet the roof so that its vented or can I just fit an AAV?

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
B
I wouldn't bother even trying. Water jetters...
Replies
Views
D
As above pictures help a lot. The open vent...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I think its a case of stick with the...
Replies
Views
Back