Do I need a washer for blanking plug in a copper hot water cylinder? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Do I need a washer for blanking plug in a copper hot water cylinder? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all

I'm blanking a couple of openings in a hot water cylinder.

The Screwfix Flomasta 1" BSP plugs fit perfectly but no washer supplied or listed.

Given that the element has a washer and everything else is a compression fitting I'm concerned these should have one. The alternative is PTFE tape or La-co (as well as washer if not instead of).

Does anyone have a definitive answer please? Given the blanks will be hard to reach it's definitely a job to get right first time.

Ptfe tape is required

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks. It’s pretty powerful. At least 3...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Looks like we can use option B, thanks again.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Proof of what concept? Megaflo overpriced for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
Back