Do I need my boiler installation inspected ? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Do I need my boiler installation inspected ? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mtotowamungu

The builder who built a lovely extension next door, convinced me that I need to replace my ageing boiler. He installed a new one in my loft. Its working fine but I never got any installation certificate. I have lost contact with this chappy & its now a year. I still owe him some money but he has vanished.

What should i do?:confused:

Report him as he was most likely not GSR, got a name? reciept? number? address, anything will do.

Thanks for your reply
I have a mobile number that does not work. No reciept , no address , I still owe him some money. The neighbour has the same problem.
Who do I report to and how will reporting answer my question?

u must have known at the time that u were unlikely to get the cert if it was not fitted by a registered plumber[if he was a "builder"].... look for solutions now and not more problems..point being don t report the bloke cos it will achieve nothing.get a registered fitter to come and inspect the unit and see what he will say.. he may come to some compromise with u in relation to a cert.

I have been a victim of ignorance. I have no knowledge or experience in these matters (call me a lay man some would say a Fool). All I saw was a polite well spoken impressive builder, how was I to know he would abandon me? This has brought me to your forum.

How do I find the right qualifed person to assist me now?

mtotowamungu, if you visit the Gas Safe Register website you can locate a Registered engineer in your area.
Please get a registered engineer to visit your property with view to carrying out a Gas Safety Inspection and he/she will advise/repair/alter/report any problems with your installation.
This will give you peace of mind.

re post a thread requesting advice from a plumber local to u ..give your general location...
there are some excellent trades men on here with years of experience so look no further.....u may be lucky and one of them may be working in your exact area.

loft needs to be boarded for access and guard rail around loft hatch and steps/ladder installed at hatch..word of warning if not installed by gas safe engineer youre house insurance will be voided for any problems with the install now or in future

Thank you for your advice every body - most grateful , I will invite a registered person for advice

hi where can I find details for this gaurd rail around hatch
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
Reading between the lines, are the RGIs on...
Replies
Views
It sounds like a misinterpretation of...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
Back