Do white towel rads kick out more heat than chrome? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Do white towel rads kick out more heat than chrome? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Flomasta 1500 by 600 in white has 50% more heat output than the same in chrome. Never noticed this before.

Flomasta 1500 by 600 in white has 50% more heat output than the same in chrome. Never noticed this before.

There is a big difference on most manufacturers - although I would have guessed closer to 25% - 30%

Yeah on closer inspection it varies a lot. Just huge difference on that particular line.

Chrome will reflect more heat, the darker the radiator the more it heat will absorb, making it give out more heat. The best colour in theory should be black radiators, cant se that yaking off in most houses though.

That's why you never see chrome exhausts, they don't dissipate heat very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I ended up using an attachment I had for my...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We currently have the ground floor wet UFH and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
To allay your worries. Use a stainless steel...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back