Dodgy flue | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Dodgy flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancinplumba

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Is this acceptable, its on a Baxi solo 2 ??

image.jpg

ha ha I came across one of those a while back, scary looking things arent they, but if the mi's say they are ok what can you do. Dont remembder what it was one tho, so best read some instructions. just looked on baxi site for pf/rs manuals and no mention of your beauty, best call baxi before you upset someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not seen a vertex flue on a baxi solo before. As has been said, ring the manufacturer.

came across one not so long ago, scared the **** out of me, stepped back and had a look then checked mi's i think it was on ideal classic i cant remember! bloody horrible flues though lol

came across one not so long ago, scared the **** out of me, stepped back and had a look then checked mi's i think it was on ideal classic i cant remember! bloody horrible flues though lol

yep now you said that I remembered thats what my flue was one, had to find some mi's before I walked away fm it. Not come across one on a solo yet

That's the cleanest looking vertex flue I've seen in a long time.

Usually rusty and covered in dust and cobwebs.

That's the cleanest looking vertex flue I've seen in a long time.

Usually rusty and covered in dust and cobwebs.

i 2nd that the one i was working on was minging and the cutomer had extra loft insulation fitted and it was nearly blocking it so i removed a hell of alot of her insulation!. i havnt seen one on a solo either but not to say it wasnt ok. i would ring baxi. As i have only ever seen 2 vertex in all my time, i dont like them.

That doesn't look good to me. The inner flue doesn't continue up to the top of the terminal. It's got tape on it too. I had a ferroli the same not too long back and when I spoke to them, they said that IL has never been suitable for use on the boiler I was looking at (fan flued). So I would ring Baxi. It probably won't tell you in the Installation guide, but I'd bet you that Baxi say it's not permitted.

definetly not acceptable that, you'd never get a good picture on yer telly with that aerial :biggrin:

have to agree with above, that inner flue dont look right to me.

did you check for spillage at the draught break ?

you need to have 600mm min straight pipe after the draught break so it's AR or ID if there's spillage

ha ha I came across one of those a while back, scary looking things arent they, but if the mi's say they are ok what can you do. Dont remembder what it was one tho, so best read some instructions. just looked on baxi site for pf/rs manuals and no mention of your beauty, best call baxi before you upset someone.

From the solo 2 instructions.

3. A vertical flue kit, with flue breaker, is also available as
an optional extra (Sol-Ver Kit).

did you check for spillage at the draught break ?

you need to have 600mm min straight pipe after the draught break so it's AR or ID if there's spillage

Less than 600mm vertical is NCS if no signs of spillage unless combined with another fluing or ventilation issue. Have a look at the unsafe sits procedure at the top of page 23.

i dont have the book at hand, but i'd be AR it if no signs of spillage, no matter what the book says.
a vertex flue is too high risk to take an chances.

That doesn't look good to me. The inner flue doesn't continue up to the top of the terminal. It's got tape on it too. I had a ferroli the same not too long back and when I spoke to them, they said that IL has never been suitable for use on the boiler I was looking at (fan flued). So I would ring Baxi. It probably won't tell you in the Installation guide, but I'd bet you that Baxi say it's not permitted.

The inner flue doesn't continue up to the terminal on a vertex flue. It is essentially half fan flue, half open flue.

Needs purpose provided ventilation in the loft space as well, probably in the soffits which is now blocked with insulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It might be, if it can't be rectified by...
Replies
Views
Atag let you go for the 600mm clearance away...
Replies
Views
Good Morning Did you find the part you...
Replies
Views
I’ll make one, it’s basically only two bits of...
Replies
Views
Back