Dodgy work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Dodgy work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

H

hunterseye

Say what you will about tech cert but i've been to a place tonight where the bathroom has been installed by stevie wonder. unlevel cistern. all pushfit. nothing chased in. And the house is only 7 years old. I might be wet behind the ears but i'm confident nothing i ever fit will be that bad. all of a sudden i feel better about myself lol.

I am sure you will always do a good job & to the best of your abilities but as your post suggest there are others out there who are learning on the job because they have not learnt else where, sometimes the customer deserves what they get for the price they paid & sometimes not.

I'm finding it so interesting looking at other peoples work. some really good and some shocking. the good stuff inspires me to push on. the bad stuff cheers me up so its win win lol

i dont think you can judge on the materials or type of installation but you can of course on the quality of the work and wether it meets the regs. The fact that push fit is used and nothing is chased in is probably due to the contractual requirements of the HA and main contractor.
Most of the new build HA contracts i have worked on in the last 10 years require all pipework to be accessible for maintenance so no chasing in and are plumbed in plastic due to joist design and spec. tho even on plastic installs all pipework on show should really be copper.

i dont think you can judge on the materials or type of installation but you can of course on the quality of the work and wether it meets the regs. The fact that push fit is used and nothing is chased in is probably due to the contractual requirements of the HA and main contractor.
Most of the new build HA contracts i have worked on in the last 10 years require all pipework to be accessible for maintenance so no chasing in and are plumbed in plastic due to joist design and spec. tho even on plastic installs all pipework on show should really be copper.

I vouch for this, i subbyed to middlesborough council and job was repipe of old bathroom and new suite. ALL pipe was clipped to floorboards and BOXED in by a joiner the next day. Also that was ALL HEP pushfit pipe. They basically gave you a coil and 1 3m length of 15mm copper. Copper was for anything on show. However to each appliance the leg was copper which i choosed to do. Just to kind of keep me sane since im a hater of plastic and lover of copper ;)

What i should have said was the plastic pipes wasn't level and almost moulded round the bathroom. the shower electric supply just went through a big hole on ceiling. I think i was just shocked really.

The HA I used to work for ALWAYS used a terrible building firm to do their plumbing installs, and they were ALWAYS terrible. 50% of the jobs I got from said HA were rectifying problems on their new installs, and they still persisted in using them. Go figure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

But you would ensure they didnt bow out glenno wouldnt you. or do they bow natuarlly over time?

As soon as you turn the water on plastic pipes look like dog pyshing in the snow. It is impossible to keep them straight (unless you glued them to a bit wood.

The HA I used to work for ALWAYS used a terrible building firm to do their plumbing installs, and they were ALWAYS terrible. 50% of the jobs I got from said HA were rectifying problems on their new installs, and they still persisted in using them. Go figure.

Obviously the builder bunging the right councillor ........ but then again thats impossible these days so never happens :smile:

Similar plumbing topics

I did fit a Viessmann 200-w a few months back...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
I have been offered an interview with the...
Replies
Views
Should have it done in a day. If you’re a bit...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Back