Does a new boiler add value to a property? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Does a new boiler add value to a property? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Went to do a quote for a new boiler in the week.
The owners are planning to move in two years and I asked if they wanted a cheap boiler with a short warranty or a more expensive boiler with a longer warranty.

They said they wanted a good brand with a long warranty as it will add value.

Do you think this is the case?

Decent bathroom and kitchen adds value, the boiler and heating not so much as long as it's working. If there's no heating tho you will lose value. Most will think 5 grand less for heating system needed.

It might be a bit 'off topic' but I have bought and sold
loads of places over my 56 years.

You make money when you BUY your next property
and if your lucky MAYBE make some more when you sell it .

Buy right sell then sell at a bonus - its dead easy

Centralheatking

New boiler makes it easer to sell and avoids having between £5k and £10k deducted from sale

Most people won't look beyond the white box on the wall. They think it's good if it's a new boiler with no thought of the make and model. Putting a boiler in with a long warranty is a waste of time if they are selling.

I think nowadys folks are starting to pay slightly more attention to whats in a property rather than looking at wall paper, the boiler wont boost price up like a kitchen but it certainly wont discourage a sale, but if your selling its only going to be feesible for a basic system upgrade rather than quality upgrade which u make back on the return, but it will be noticed on the home report that an energy efficient boiler has been installed ,

Changed a heat only boiler in a empty bungalow for sale that the existing was leaking, like for like swap, keep it cheap you kno. When it sold within 3 months the new boiler was out and they had a combi installed.

I can't see it making much difference. Maybe if the house if on a massive estate of identical houses, then it might make one house sell faster than several others on the market at the same price, but I doubt it has as much effect as whether it was sunny or raining on the day the potential buyer viewed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
Worcester Bosch - Vaillant - Baxi - Potterton
Replies
Views
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
Back