Does Grant Vortex 15/26 suck oil? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Does Grant Vortex 15/26 suck oil? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

A

Allex Myers

My oil boiler is 2009 vintage. Just been serviced. Had a new tank fitted by approved fitter. I notice that the bottom of the tank is roughly on the level of the boiler feed pipe. Then I notice in the Grant instal manual for a single pipe feed the tank should be 300mm min above the boiler feed. Will I get problems when the oil level gets low? Thanks.

Tank in same position as old one? Any issues in the last 14 years? Have you had the oil pump replaced a number of times in the last 14 years?
I wouldn't worry about it.

The only problem you may get is condensation/water under the oil being fed to the boiler, this has probably been addressed by your service engineer each year, If you are worried about it get a Tiger Flow and convert your pump to a two pipe system, only requires removal of a blanking plug and a new flexible connected the the Tiger Flow adjacent to the boiler.

Similar plumbing topics

If the boiler is connected to a conventional...
Replies
Views
Will try to upload pic again
Replies
Views
J
Actually most of the problems with slow heat...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
The valve you have is a fusible head...
Replies
Views
Back