Does it annoy you when? | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Does it annoy you when? in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Customers call and text on a Sunday about non important stuff.
doesn’t it bother you or do you have a separate work phone?

1.00pm missed call and answerphone message asking if i can service his neighbours boiler next month.

7.00 pm someone else text asking how much to fit a hive.

Don’t turn the works phone on until Monday few good customers have my personal number for emergency’s

Yes and no. Depends who they are.

Phone calls annoy me on a weekend. Texts I can understand, but don't expect a reply straight away or until Monday maybe. Especially if it's not important. If I ever text anyone on a weekend, it's whilst i've remembered to do it and always put I don't expect a response till the next working day.

Good and nice customers I generally reply, arseholes I just ignore, tbh. Problem is everyone expects a response within minutes these days.

Saturday 08.00, text, voicemail and whatsapp for somebody saved in the phone as feckwit. Ignored.
Saturday at 19.00, new customer, new bathroom, I wont respond till tomorrow.
Today at 10.00, existing customer, oil leak, squeezing in tomorrow.
Today at 15.00 last weeks bio mass to oil job, rads not heating. They're struggling to get there heads around that the thermostat needs to be turned up as well as on at the programmer. Quick text back, turn the heating on and turn up the room thermostat.
Just after that today, existing customer, boiler locking out but still useable, quick message back to say I will sort this week.

It's a difficult one, but I'm now not going out on a saturday or a sunday for work. Saturday into Sunday we have the granddaughter and the rest of Sunday is mine.

Also depends how I feel, sometimes I'll look at the phone, it's on silent, and think no, you can feck right off, other times I'll message, but never phone.

Tradesmen have life's as well and I'm at the age that the time off is far more important than the time at work.

I don't answer unless it's an existing customer or I'm at a loose end and fancy some out of hours money🤑
Even after 6 now I'm put out by calls for services, hobs etc.
Another one that makes me chuckle is when I get a msg with a time and date that they want me to arrive (usually next day)🤣.
Some people really do think your just sat waiting for their call

I don't answer unless it's an existing customer or I'm at a loose end and fancy some out of hours money🤑
Even after 6 now I'm put out by calls for services, hobs etc.
Another one that makes me chuckle is when I get a msg with a time and date that they want me to arrive (usually next day)🤣.
Some people really do think your just sat waiting for their call

Mate of mine called it wardrobe syndrome. They think you're hung up in the wardrobe on a coat hanger with van keys in one hand and tool box in the other.

It's the same with the boiler breakdowns, my boilers not working, I can have a look at 3, but I'll not be home till 6.30, I'll be home then too.

I've just turned up to an annoying job type that pops up occasionally.
"Hi I'm here to look at your leaking radiator"
"Don't know anything about it"
"This is your address right? Do you know Emma?"
"Yea that's my wife"
"Problem with bathroom radiator?"
"Well that's been fixed!"
"OK, do you know if she's tried to contact me to cancel?"
"No! Why?"
(Oh I don't know, maybe coz I've driven half way across town and blocked off an hour and a half in my diary just so I can speak to some f@#< wit on his doorstep who seems completely incapable of offering any form of apology?)

"If she has tried then pls let me know otherwise I won't be able to offer you any assistance in the future. Thanks for your time sir, have a good day" 🤮

I've just turned up to an annoying job type that pops up occasionally.
"Hi I'm here to look at your leaking radiator"
"Don't know anything about it"
"This is your address right? Do you know Emma?"
"Yea that's my wife"
"Problem with bathroom radiator?"
"Well that's been fixed!"
"OK, do you know if she's tried to contact me to cancel?"
"No! Why?"
(Oh I don't know, maybe coz I've driven half way across town and blocked off an hour and a half in my diary just so I can speak to some f@#< wit on his doorstep who seems completely incapable of offering any form of apology?)

"If she has tried then pls let me know otherwise I won't be able to offer you any assistance in the future. Thanks for your time sir, have a good day" 🤮
She's sat inside thinking, crap, forgot to cancel.

Funny thing is I got a call for a boiler not working while still on the drive but I put it off untill next week, coz it's friday and I'd already envisaged opening a can.
POETS day as the old boys used to say

Funny thing is I got a call for a boiler not working while still on the drive but I put it off untill next week, coz it's friday and I'd already envisaged opening a can.
POETS day as the old boys used to say

Aye, message today, my boiler needs a service and I have a couple more jobs for you to look at.
Messaged back it would either be 2 weeks or mid January.
Another message back, we'll the heatings not working.
Messaged back, makes no difference, no availability until dates stated.

Been turning away a lot this week. Will get worse next week as the temps plummet

That's exactly what this call was.
"Service as soon as possible" 🤣
I said a couple of weeks and asked if boiler was working.
Squeezed in tues afternoon tho as existing customer

That's exactly what this call was.
"Service as soon as possible" 🤣
I said a couple of weeks and asked if boiler was working.
Squeezed in tues afternoon tho as existing customer

These were a new customer, they've since come back and said its fine as they have a Woodburn that's keeping house warm and they have hot water.

I had one last week.
Fit hob, service boiler, cap fire.
No probs untill I saw it.
Worktop was sat on a stack of rads, heating drained down (no rads) and fireplace had sheets of plasterboard and bags of plaster stacked to ceiling!

got a call today...voice mail.....need boiler service, rang back 10-15 mins to them saying yes in your area , only to be told
got some one else to come,,, WTF is wrong with them!!!!!

One thing that really grinds my gears is when people don’t think ahead eg

Attachments

• 1FC6F244-24C0-4428-906B-081D2A82D976.jpeg
    1FC6F244-24C0-4428-906B-081D2A82D976.jpeg
    317.4 KB · Views: 16
Oh we all love a captive panel.
They were probably really pleased with themselves doing that too.
Every time I cut those panels I think the cut out looks like a milk bottle and I have an image of the penguin/chicken from Wallace & Grommit jammed inside it!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
I just had my heat engine/exchanger replaced...
Replies
Views
Rand G Thin
R
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
Could be cavitation if the header tank only a...
Replies
Views
5 year Baxi guarantee came with boiler when...
Replies
Views
Back