does unvented system need a external moterised pump? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss does unvented system need a external moterised pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesky

Gas Engineer
hi, i am in the training of ACS, just had some reading on unvented hot water system, it certainly needs a motorised pump for water circulation, but if a system vaillant boiler installed, like ecoMAX618, the boiler has a pump inside already, so does the system still need a motorised motor outside the boiler?

also i assume the whole system can be wired like Y system, will it be ok,

thanks a lot,

think you are getting your pumps and motorised valves mixed up maybe

all the pump is doing is circulating the water,it can be internal to the boiler or external, you only need the one though

Last edited by a moderator:
If you use an s plan you will only need one two port valve as the other is supplied with the unvented cylinder. If you use a Y plan you still have to use the two port valve on the primary flow.

the pump in the boiler is OK, but you need a zone valve for the hot water so you are better off fitting a S plan rather than a Y plan and a zone valve.

If you use an s plan you will only need one two port valve as the other is supplied with the unvented cylinder. If you use a Y plan you still have to use the two port valve on the primary flow.

Incorrect in theory, the reason for the additional 2 port valve is actually classed as another safety device for the unvented cylinder. If one fails and remains open in some way the other will still close. Whats the chance of them both failing :)

Incorrect in theory, the reason for the additional 2 port valve is actually classed as another safety device for the unvented cylinder. If one fails and remains open in some way the other will still close. Whats the chance of them both failing :)

i mean that in regards to the s plan by the way :)

hi, i am in the training of ACS, just had some reading on unvented hot water system, it certainly needs a motorised pump for water circulation, but if a system vaillant boiler installed, like ecoMAX618, the boiler has a pump inside already, so does the system still need a motorised motor outside the boiler?

also i assume the whole system can be wired like Y system, will it be ok,

thanks a lot,

the unvented doesnt need any pump? the primary circs will, either on the circuit aka y / s plan or built into the boiler such as a system boiler

you only need one mate, just has to be wired to a overheat non auto re-setable stat

you only need one mate, just has to be wired to a overheat non auto re-setable stat

i got told that when i did my ticket, just did a quick scan on the tinternet, your totally correct :) man down :( if you put 2 on though it looks like something you would see on a space ship, i like that look :)

in all fairness though ive never put 2 on anyway :)

if we use vaillant ecoMAX 618 which has an internal pump, how to do the wiring? can i just wire the pump to the junction box directly?

cheers

if we use vaillant ecoMAX 618 which has an internal pump, how to do the wiring? can i just wire the pump to the junction box directly?

cheers

get someone in to wire it as you obviously have a very poor understanding of how things work.

the orange wires from the zone valves, go to the switched live in the boiler. In the boiler you will have live, nutral and earth to give a permant power to the boiler then the switched live that makes the boiler and pump run, hope this helps. Once you have done a few and thought about it, it will become clearer.

hi fuzzy, if it is the internal motorised valve, how to do the wiring to a overheat non auto re-setable stat?

There is no internal motorised valve.

A motorised valve (2 port ) comes with the unvented kit along with instructions on how to wire it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Everything working fine on PP mode - thanks...
Replies
Views
T
Get an acv cylinder. Great for boiler and work...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
A
Are you sure it’s still vented? Should have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Back