Dog proof waste pipe... yes dog proof :-) | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Dog proof waste pipe... yes dog proof :-) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do quite a bit of work at a large Veterinary Clinic near me.

I've been asked to quote to do some more work. I need to fit a basin in the post op recover kennels. I have a cold supply, and they're going to confirm whether they need hot and if they do I'll use an instantaneous heater.

The problem I have is the waste. The only place to get rid of the waste is in one of the individual kennels. There is a soil stack and I can boss into it.

The problem is, ideally the waste and the boss really, need to be dog proof. If a large dog goes into the kennel, it could chew the normal plastic waste. The whole kennel is tiled so I want to avoid boxing it in.

I'm open to suggestions and tips from the good folks on here.

Thanks in advance

To be honest, I would just run it in plastic then box it in and tile. There's a hygiene issue with unboxed pipe i.e. dirt down the back etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
If the coupling fits, then no need for what I...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
J
Soil pipe is 110mm in uk, geberit etc do make...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Soil comes into the building at 45. I was...
Replies
Views
Back