Domestic / commercial borderline | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Domestic / commercial borderline in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

N

newcastle phill

Had a call today regarding an ideal imax 45
Obviously from the ideal commercial line of boilers at least in terms of build quality and durability
Right next to u16 meter. No other gas appliances at all
In small offices.

Now boiler is 45kw
Quick calculation of IV of meter and pipework is still within /up/1b

This can still be worked on domestic ticket ???
they only wanted radiator adding to a room but i noticed the annual inspection was out of date
didnt know wether it was worth pointing that out when i wrote quote up and adding that asan addition

So its under 70kw (domestic limit)
Room sealed
And iv of pipework for purging etc is within 1b

Ta muchas

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i asked to see the boiler as when they phoned and they said they were in offices, my initial thoughts were walk away. Systems over 3 floors and i dont know if i can be bothered.

So the conversation went ( before i knew the details).... i said does it look like a one in a house, you know a combi, she said yes but a bit bigger, so off i trotted and measured room up and looked at boiler, u16 right next to boiler within 1.5 metre on 22mm.
Well within 1b for 0.035

I suppose my salient point being.....
If the criteria falls outside of 1b that then defines commercial ??
Not necessarily the definition of the appliance itself as commercial...?

ie upto xx kw
<0,035
<= u16
Etc etc

<0.035m3 and <35mm pipework.

But the boiler is classed as commercial even though it's under 70kw.

There's your get out......

yea but sometime com boilers are used in dom whats the get round there :D

Hmmm i need to look into this further. Obviously i am trying to clear up exactly what defines the fine line.

It falls within bs6798 asfar as ive read.
And its within igm up 1b.
I realise its in offices AND am still reading as im bored

Think ill call gas safe and just enquire further.
On the face of it its only slightly larger than a large typical domestic boiler
And well under 70kw.

Its a job i dont want BUT i just want to fill the grey matter with more useless info Ha

Just regs are bloody annoying, nowhere it is easy just to find a simple answer to a simple question, considering there are no typical domestic boilers that go upto 70kw that ive seen generally then 6798 seems silly in that regard ??

I have phoned gas safe on this exact issue, I got told if MI or manufacturer state it's a commercial boiler, it doesn't matter what KW it is, then it requires relevant commercial ticket.

Having said that a mate phoned some time later and got the usual cop out, I've always taken the former stance though.

Gas safe have told me in the past that if the manufacturer refer to it as commercial or state any commercial regulations in the instructions then you cannot work on it with just domestic qualifications regardless of if it is under 70kw.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I agree. (I hold domestic, commercial and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Clearly you have a Domestic Gas installation...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Friend of mine works at an ACS centre and it’s...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No not necessarily.
Replies
Views
  • Question
any problems / questions give us a shout your...
Replies
Views
Back