Domestic or commercial? | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Domestic or commercial? in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

D

dogsbe

Hi Guys,

I need a little advice as I am getting some conflicting information.

Basically, I am having a small coffee roaster installed in the dinning area of my restaurant and dropping down a liner down the chimney.

I had a commercial gas man to have a look and he said that I need a domestic engineer. I called a domestic engineer, gas safe, and he is happy to do the job. However, my chimney guy is saying that the gasman needs a commercial ticket.

I am thinking that I need a domestic engineer because the the dinning room does not have a commercial air extractor. Can somebody point me in the right direction or at least how to check?

Thanks,
Jonathan

If you have a commercial gas meter/pipework you need a commercial engineer.
You do not get taught anything about coffee roasters on domestic so that would lead me to think you need a commercial catering engineer.
Ring GasSafe and ask them.

i think you'll find commercial gas fitters to be gentle :D we used to have them at work in the kitchens but they ended up ripping them out and putting electric tea boilers in instead, i only see them doing the comcat assessment these days :D

a bit conflicting but we had a vaillant ecotec plus combi within a coffee shop, basically a working coffee shop so by rights a commercial property. I was advised by our tech (i work for a large energy firm) that because the resident stayed at the property and there was living accomadation and the system was of domestic size that we could take this on policy - it was a baby system 11 rads, u6 meter usual stuff, is this correct as I think on occasions the dom/com set up is not very definitive.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
It all depends on what your doing Servicing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I agree. (I hold domestic, commercial and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the reply @Timmy D thats a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We just charge it by the hour like everything...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Back