Domestic or Commercial? | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Domestic or Commercial? in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Davinder

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I've got this job in an office block, where I handle there maintenace requirements and they've asked me if I can service there boiler.

Now there's two Remeha Quinta 45 linked together via a low loss header. My question is, as there two 45Kw boilers linked together do i count it as a 90Kw instalation and need someone with a commercial ticket, or as each individual boiler is only 45Kw a domestic ticket will be ok?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Also, if you are GSR, send a prvate message to Redsaw or Gas Man and get into the GSR-only forum. If you're not, then you can't work on the boilers anyway!

No I havent got my tickets yet, but the bloke I'm doing my training with only has domestic tickets. which is why I'm wondering if I need to get someone with commercial.

QUOTE=Masood;628695]AFAIK it's the KW of the entire installation, not individual appliances. So it would fall under commercial regs. Someone with more definite knowledge will no doubt be along shortly...[/QUOTE]

I'm leaning that why too, Especially considering the pipe size of the gas (think it was about 2") and gas meter. But thought I'd ask on here to make sure.

If there in a plant room it's commercial. If the two appliances have isolation valves below them and are not in a plant room then a domestic will be perfectly legal working on them. But chances are that they are in a plant room which requires air changes, which aren't on domestic.

If there in a plant room it's commercial. If the two appliances have isolation valves below them and are not in a plant room then a domestic will be perfectly legal working on them. But chances are that they are in a plant room which requires air changes, which aren't on domestic.

Yes there in there own seperate room. I didn't see any seperate equipment for A/C or air changers, but there where some normal air vents to the outside, is that what you mean?

So all things considered, are we saying It's a commercial instalation. If so I'd rather offer the job to someone on the forum first, It's In bedford town center (behind Lidls).

It's commercial.

Total installation output is greater than 70kw.

Thanks Croppie.

Like I said I'd rather offer the job to someone on the forum first, as UKPF has helped me out quite a bit, so this is my way of giving back.

It's a Boiler service in bedford with:
X2 Remeha Quinta 45's

If anyone is interested Please either PM me or ring me on: 07854 060472

And thanks to everyone whos helped out.

So It's official guys, It's Commercial.

So anyone with the right tickets interested in the job? Ideally If someone would be happy to do it about this time every year, that would be great. (one less thing to worry about)

Don't always take branding too seriously! Ferolli market some of their boilers as cutting edge and efficient . Ok what say if it was two ideal logic 30s in a plant room ? Domestic boiler but 100% commercial

Don't always take branding too seriously! Ferolli market some of their boilers as cutting edge and efficient . Ok what say if it was two ideal logic 30s in a plant room ? Domestic boiler but 100% commercial

I've now got 4 spanking new Ferolli's sitting in two of my boilerhouses, 2 of which had faults out of the box.

I give them 18 months.

Just had this disagreement on the gas engineers forum

under a u16 meter, 35 lites of gas and pipework under 35mm is domestic regardless of location installed.
that changes it when appliances are over 70kw or the appliance is branded commercial.
above those you are working from ige up 1a upto 1m3
above 1m3 is ige up 1

i might add you need your insurances to cover for Commercial locations !!!

seems to be confusing people.
plant room doesn't automatically = commercial

Just had this disagreement on the gas engineers forum

under a u16 meter, 35 lites of gas and pipework under 35mm is domestic regardless of location installed.
that changes it when appliances are over 70kw or the appliance is branded commercial.
above those you are working from ige up 1a upto 1m3
above 1m3 is ige up 1

i might add you need your insurances to cover for Commercial locations !!!

seems to be confusing people.
plant room doesn't automatically = commercial

No but a plant room with two Andrews water heaters in does! You can legally install a domestic boiler on a commercial gas carcass with a volume in excess of a zillion litres if there is a test point and isolation point down stream of your equipment and your working in a permitted location. I did a boiler swap in a laundry no to long ago. I called technical as I was sure I shouldn't but they said asking as from test point to boiler is within my scope jog on!

Keston c50 was branded as light commercial but lots and lots if them in houses on u16 with 28mm tube !

Freck that just do it the pro way talon clips and denso. Why the hell people use denso on copper on external runs I do not know. "To protect it from corrosion" - what your wrapping copper in denso to protect it from water? HELP!

Similar plumbing topics

sweet. that is the answer i was hoping for!
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok thanks, I will have to allow a couple hours...
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
Agree as above if the manufacturers state its...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back