Don't forget to check the working inlet pressure! | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Don't forget to check the working inlet pressure! in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

M

mike_s

Not that I did, but just thought I would mention it, after checking the inlet working pressure at the boiler hundereds of times without a fault, today I installed a boiler, inlet pressure 25mb, fire the boiler up and pressure drops to 14mb. So I check at the meter, 25mb standing, fire boiler up and drops to 18mb. gas rate at the boiler was also 34kw instead of 30.

So, after a quick phone to national grid, they came out and changed the meter governor. All pressures and gas rate instantly corrected, 19mb working pressure at the boiler and a 30.4kw gas rate.

Standard practice for me is working pressure at meter on first lighting the new boiler, after clearing air locks ect.

If low I know SGS will be out within 4 hours at the most, enough time for me to carry on with the rest of the works reqd. :)

Checking working pressures as the tools are being cleared up is a :banghead: if they are not correct.

I reckon on 50 % callout for new meter governors to be fitted when I install new boilers.

Similar plumbing topics

I mean you can test with a multi meter on the...
Replies
Views
Just do the same action again. Pot at Mac...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sounds to me that the 15mm pipe that you are...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Thank you for the replies. I had another...
Replies
Views
B
Did you find a resolution to your problem? We...
Replies
Views
Back