Don't wait! Plumbers mate! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Don't wait! Plumbers mate! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M_dw

Hi all,
My name is Michael and this is my first post, so I apologise if it's in the wrong place.
I am currently completing my NVQ Level 2 plumbing at the brilliant InterPlumb college in Erith. I am thoroughly enjoying this and feel I am expanding with knowledge every week I attend. Which is a lot more than I can say for my employers, I work for a large company that has a contract with a large housing association. At first I was really happy with everything, soaking up plenty of experience to do with plumbing maintenance. It was going so well that for a month when they were short of plumbers I had a van with a number of jobs to attend and complete on my own. I know it was naughty of them but I was excited at the fact that I was out on my own using my tools visiting and completing jobs. This came to an abrupt end when a roofer lost his labourer to an injury. I was told that he needed my help as he needed someone with him, I was told it was only temporary until they hire a new labourer. I agreed as I wanted to help and getting some knowledge to do with roofing will definitely be useful! 5 months later and asking a numerous of times still no labourer. I now feel that a little knowledge of plumbing will be useful for my roofing! I'm constantly looking for another employer but am finding it difficult to do so, my course is paid for and can be transferred with no problem. I will need the one day off to attend college but apart from that I am extremely flexible! (And not in a gymnastic way) I live in Dartford and have my own car. So if anyone is interested in taking on a very hard working, punctual, interested apprentice then please let me know. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum, all I will say is be careful here some contracts state that you will be liable for the training costs if you leave early.

Last edited:
Hi Mike

Your well welcome on here there are loads of us who are all different ages
and workplaces - selfemployed etc. on UKPF there are also many new people just
like you - there is no forum for this yet is there ? DAN CROPPIE

Xmas is coming so my advice is to stick where you are - and your experience with a
company van must have really made you think you were there - strewth when i was
that age I would have been made up and probably crashed it on a friday night !

Hang in there - it will give you a good work record - ask abit more from ur employer
but dont be a pain.. and do as you doing look around..you are not experienced enough to self employed yet.........and KEEP US ALL INFORMED Centralheatking

Hi there like CHK said stick in there and get into the new year youre still at college so many firms have folded over the last few years and apprentiships not completed apprentices left high and dry with no other firms willing to take them on that's my advice..brum

Welcome to the forum, all I will say is be careful here some contracts state that you will be liable for the training costs if you leave early.

Thanks for the heads up Rpm. I've spoken to my accessor and he's assured me that it will be fine.

Many thanks Centralheatking, Even if nothing comes of this post it is really helpful knowing that I can get some decent advice in all aspects of plumbing from yourself and many others.

Thanks Brum. Your right, even though I'm not actually plumbing I'm still at college and I still have a job! Nevertheless I do miss my plumbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, looking to gain experience as a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't know if you are aware of the "Society...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m looking for work as a trainee/mate...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am looking for an experienced...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I...
Replies
Views
Back