Double boilers oil modulating | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Double boilers oil modulating in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

semitar

Hello,
I have ideal which I would like to share and gather your thoughts.

My current system comprises of a hot water storage tank and a Camry 25/32 utility boiler (oil). The boiler is fitted with a 0.75 nozzle.

The house is kept at a constant 21 degrees right throughout the year (aged parents). According to the Sebek calculator I need a boiler capacity of 21kw. My current boiler is set for 27.5kw.

It seems crazy to run a 25/32 utility when the house is up to temperature, short cycling etc and there’s currently little in the way of modulating oil boilers.

I have a brand new Camay 12kw utility (0.5 nozzle) in the shed. I am thinking of plumbing this in parallel with the 27.5kw and when the main room stat hit say, 18 degrees switch over to the 12kw boiler which would run the rads and hot water. If the temperature drops below 18degrees then the main system boiler would switch on instead of the secondary boiler.

The benefits of this would be a reduction in oil usage once the house hits 18 degrees and secondary redundancy should one boiler fail.

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
If you add up all the R values you can then...
Replies
Views
So today the 1.65gph nozzle finally arrived...
Replies
Views
So you don’t have any of the blending valves /...
Replies
Views
Boilers are rated to 350kw each, got the...
Replies
Views
Back