Drain down central heating and refill with radiators off | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Drain down central heating and refill with radiators off in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,
I have probably done a silly thing here so need some advice.

I drained down the central heating system with a hose pipe from the drain off on the radiator closest to the door. No problems. Then I removed 3 radiators as we had the decorators in for a few weeks. As the decorators were in for a few weeks I filled the central heating system up with the radiators off and ends capped so we could it.
Now it’s time to put the radiators back on again and when I come to drain down the system nothing comes out of the hose from the drain off tap by the front door (by the way that was one of the radiators I removed). So I am guessing I have stopped the water somewhere else in the system and it’s not getting to the pipes by the front door to drain the water off.

How do I now drain down the system so I can put the radiators back on?

Thanks in advance.

Often , if a system will not drain, use nice rubber pipe from your garden and then stamp up and down in it on a hard surface you will get suction..and then it will drain I saw the answer 503 so thought I would just throw this in ...chking

Similar plumbing topics

If you are paranoid, refill, circulate and...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
In the end decided to follow Chuck’s advice...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I...
Replies
Views
Back