Drain on Central Heating System | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Drain on Central Heating System in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChrisPaws

I have almost finished fitting my new central heating system and have a question about a good location for a drain valve. I am proposing to put an extra long copper tail on the return side of a rad which happens to sit on a downstairs suspended floor with a deep void below. This will natually create a low point in the system, I can clip the pipe to the underside of the suspended floor (saving work) and it has great access, including outside to a foul water drain. I propose to create the long tail and solder a tee to the end with one side soldering on the drain and the other just joining back in to the main return. Is there any glaring reason why this shouldn't be done? it makes great sense to me.

Run it under the floor to the outside with a drain tap outside, but keep up from the ground (outside) about 12" so it dosent get covered in snow and can freeze, Dont forget to lag it well out side and under the floor,

Best practice would be just to put a drain point near the front and back door rads, and dont worry to much whats under the floor, cos when the pressure is off its manageable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for letting us know.
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Drain from the lowest point if you’re draining...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back