drain pipe leak (The thread title must contain at least 20 characters.) | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss drain pipe leak (The thread title must contain at least 20 characters.) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

leak. see pic. the horiz drain pipe going into the wall after the trap in the bathroom is corroded on the bottom. It is corroded on the bottom and all the way thru the pipe up until about 1" from the wall. Closer to the wall, it is still corroded and fells thin on the bottom. It is only a matter of time before it corrodes thru. It is always wet in there. maybe kitchen sink draining water splashes past the common vertical drain pipe and gets the bath horiz wall pipe wet? I dont know and i dont want to call a plumber. Ive owned this house built in 1954 since 1986. This looks like original plumbing. I have done almost all my own plumbing repairs. This one too I have fixed, but it is a temporary patch and Im looking to get ideas how to permanently fix this w/o going into the wall.

Questions?

Ideas?

tks,
paul

pic here Imgur

Put a new vertical pipe in and connect to that. Put one on both sides if you don't want to go through the wall. Not sure how you're going to connect to the drain at the bottom as I haven't seen it. I don't know why it's wet, but if you don't want to call a plumber, then it's over to you.

To be honest, you've answered your own question so I'm out. Sounds like you've drawn up your own red lines and so any solution has to fit within them. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
C
no not sarcastic at all
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P
The bath has been in use for 11 months or so...
Replies
Views
M
typical pub job it has to stay higher than the...
Replies
Views
Back