drain pipe leaking need smaller pioe fitting | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss drain pipe leaking need smaller pioe fitting in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi got a waste water broke from upstairs sink . 32 m to big its on outside house to drain . Can't find any smaller pipes anywere to fit to connection cheers

The old one is the dirty one that is broke .the new one I got was 32m . At moment I had to get a 40 m pipe to put over top temporary

Attachments

• 20200629_160838.jpg
    20200629_160838.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 20200629_160848.jpg
    20200629_160848.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 27
I think it is DIY!

Granted - I wouldn’t dream of doing it myself if being paid to do so.
I agree it is a diy OP however I don`t have it within me to suggest what you did- sorry.
[automerge]1593465296[/automerge]
To the OP, tmorrow go and buy a small tub of solvent weld cement and solvent weld cleaner, a sheet of medium grade emery cloth, a small size brass screw about 10mm long and a drill slightly smaller in diameter than the screw.

One end of the old pipe is cleaner than the other, use the emery cloth to clean the outside of the pipe at the clean end then use the cleaner and a cotton rag to err, clean it removing and dust or grime.
Now do the same but inside the elbow poking out of the wall.
This is going to be tricky working up a ladder but you need to apply lots of the solvent cement around the first 1" of the clean pipe then quickly push the pipe inside the elbow 1" and hold it there for 30 seconds or longer.

Now if I`m right you should have repaired the broken pipe however if the pipe can be removed then drill a hole at the end of the elbow through both the elbow and the pipe and use the screw to hold both together.

Edit. I think your new pipe is push-fit hence the different size.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes or bad mold / casting
Replies
Views
  • Question
Can anyone help with this question about the sink?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Bit high for flashing on the window
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Welcome! Could anyone offer their advice?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Doesn’t really answer any of my questions but...
Replies
Views
Back