Draing down S plan central heating system | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Draing down S plan central heating system in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

I have a standard vented S plan system and I'm about to increase the sixe of a couple of radiators. I'll also take the opportunity to refill with new inhibitor.

My question is whether I need to manually open both S plan valves when I drain the system. I see no reference to this in any guides I've read, but it seems to make sense to do this... or does it.
For reference, I only plan on draining down the feeds to the two rads that I plan to change. However, they are both ground floor and are fed from above (two separate feeds), so this will probably drain most of the system in any case.

I then plan to let the F&E fill while continuing to drain from the two new radiators in order to allow the system to be flushed.

Do I need to manually open the valves.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
T

If you're flushing the system, put some system cleaner in and run it for a few hours before draining. This will help to loosen all the 'sludge' in the system, then flush with cold water to clear before filling and adding inhibitor.
It won't beat a power flush but something is better than nothing I suppose :)

Please register with us to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If you are paranoid, refill, circulate and...
Replies
Views
Correct it’s the nrv air gap so might drip a...
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
In the end decided to follow Chuck’s advice...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17...
Replies
Views
Back