Draining down boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Draining down boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a pressure gauage to swap on a boiler, Its not in the combustion chamber .

Would anyone drain the boiler by closing the valves on the flow and return, as I no these can be prone to leaking once turn. How would you drain the boiler if not? Just remove pressure from the system at a drain ?

rip3.jpg

As I said I am not going in to the combustion chamber is a alpha he 25. The combustion chamber is a different sealed off chamber after you remove the cover. Have replaced the direct hot water flow switch on these before.

As I said I am not going in ...

Page 24 from the boiler book:

8 COMPONENT REPLACEMENT
It is the law that any service work must be carried out by a competent person, i.e. CORGI registered personnel.

I am a plumber thought I could do stuff on the wet side of a boiler as long as didn't go into the chamber. Electricians fault find etc.

I am a plumber thought I could do stuff on the wet side of a boiler as long as didn't go into the chamber. Electricians fault find etc.

Well… you either go by the book or not.

It's a bad job if you think you can work on the wet side inside a gas boiler!!!

if you have to take they cover/case off you cant sorry

Sorry, I thought you could as the removing the cover doesn't expose the combustion chamber this has its own cover. Not like a lot of modern boilers were the external cover is the cover to the combustion chamber too.

Sorry, I thought you could as the removing the cover doesn't expose the combustion chamber this has its own cover. Not like a lot of modern boilers were the external cover is the cover to the combustion chamber too.

nope wrong

What do you think about this? From your boiler book:
8 COMPONENT REPLACEMENT
It is the law that any service work must be carried out by a competent person, i.e. CORGI registered personnel.

Plus your original question is pretty basic knowledge for a plumber :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a flexicom.cx that hasn’t been...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
You’re 200 miles away - he is there. You’re...
Replies
Views
I'm going to go tomorrow to switch it off for...
Replies
Views
Back