Draining system ( how to get all the water out) | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Draining system ( how to get all the water out) in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Im going to be relocating some pipe work in a kitchen in the next week or so.

Part of that will require me to dig up the concrete floor and re route the pipe by soldering a joint to the existing pipe work that gets dug up. ( this will need to remain below floor level)

My question is how can ensure the system is completely drained and dry? (Or at the very least in the area where I need to solder some joints to the existing the pipe work that I will dig up?)

I’ve drained the system before but the lowest drain off point I can use is a few inches above floor level which means there’s always that extra bit of water in the pipes that are buried in the floor.

Anyone got any tips to ensure the area is completely clear of any residual water before attempting to solder anything?

Cut the pipe and wet vac the left out in the drop

Similar plumbing topics

N
  • Question
Hey DIY enthusiasts, Just wrapped up a drain...
Replies
Views
Nasir Ahamed
N
  • Question
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It’s definitely soldered as it would not hold...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just use a compression elbow, we wont tell.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am just catching up on some threads...
Replies
Views
Back