Drains for new wc/shower room | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Drains for new wc/shower room in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, I'm new here, first post. I'll apologise in advance for not knowing or using the correct terminology. I haven't done much DIY plumbing for 30 years since I put in a central heating system to an old cottage.

I am planning to put a new shower room/wc/basin into the right hand end of the room below, the new partition wall will be just to the right of the large window, to the left of this will be a utility room with a sink and washing machine.

The existing utility sink/washing machine drains out of the wall and into the 3 inch vented soil stack on the left of the picture.

I plan to dig up the base of this tomorrow to see if it opens up into a full size drain pipe below ground level. If it does it will make my life easier. If it is then I will change to stack to 100mm and go with the plan below.

For the new shower room I will connect the shower and basin on a 50mm branch and bring through the wall together and connect that into a new 100mm soil pipe from the WC. I will also connect up the utility room sink/washing machine to this too as shown in the diagram below.

I will also relocate the rainwater drain pipe to the right hand end of the building so its not in the way of the soil pipe.

So my question is, is this allowable in the current regs and will I need to add any AAVs.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

drain 7.jpg

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Could you post a picture of the shower trap...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you Shaun 😊
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yea not good You could try and tighten it by...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If it's 1940's there might be a DPM, in which...
Replies
Views
  • Question
HI Basher UPDATE ; I found a seal kit!! as...
Replies
Views
Back