Dremel Rotary Tool | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Dremel Rotary Tool in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

BN9Pete

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I'm thinking of buying a 240v Dremel Rotary Tool as I get plenty of jobs changing toilet syphons and some of the wing nuts are hard to shift, I spend ages cutting through the wing nuts/ bolts with a junior hacksaw and thought I would save some effort by using a Dremel.

There is a Dremel 200, 3000 and 4000 in 240v and also some cordless versions, I have also seen a Challenge Xtream on the Argos site.
Which type do you use?

Does anyone else use a rotary tool for CC toilet cistern bolts?

What other jobs do you use a Dremel for?

i have a Bosch multi tool which is great for certain jobs but I find the metal blades wear out in no time.

thanks in advance for any advice.

I have been removing close coupling bolts for years and never felt the need for a rotary tool. If the bolts are a bit rusty I spray them with a bit of wd-40 and if that don't work I cut them off with a junior hacksaw in a few minutes. Man up you southern softie ;)

I do use a dremel for when I replace push buttons in concealed toilet facias. If the new button is bigger I pop a sanding drum on to the dremel and widen the hole lol.

My dremel is sat in the garage with no plug on. Lot of years since it saw the light of day. Too lightweight.

I just snap off rusted wing nuts now.

If you are using the multi tool on metal then turn the speed right down. Unfortunately my fein is either on or off now, no speed control. But it is knocking on a bit now :)

I have been removing close coupling bolts for years and never felt the need for a rotary tool. If the bolts are a bit rusty I spray them with a bit of wd-40 and if that don't work I cut them off with a junior hacksaw in a few minutes. Man up you southern softie ;)

I do use a dremel for when I replace push buttons in concealed toilet facias. If the new button is bigger I pop a sanding drum on to the dremel and widen the hole lol.

Southern softie!! :hand: ( Southern shandy drinking softie) thank you!!

I do cut off the wing nuts with a junior hacksaw after trying WD-40 just like yourself but I keep breaking my fingernails :1eye:.

Im just trying to save time and effort really, I used to knock out waste pipe holes with a club hammer and cold chisel until I bought a core drill.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 72
Dremel 3000 with speedclic cutting discs. Couldn't live without it it goes through rusty wing nuts no problem in a tenth of the time you would be messing about with juniors.

Last edited by a moderator:
same here, also used them to cut the stems on taps when the brass back nut is seized up.

sparks like a good un just make sure the customer is not around!

I do get the odd set of basin taps that cause me a problem and I have had to drill the back nuts.

Good idea that using a Dremel.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks to all. The solution turned out to be a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yeah it was rented. I had a large shed in the...
Replies
Views
G
  • Question
you are right how do you do?
Replies
Views
NoNolva
N
http://m.NoLinkingToThis/p/makita-tm3000c-2-240v-m...
Replies
Views
S
SS, You forgot two important items, 1)...
Replies
Views
Plouasne
P
Back