Dripping shower thermostatic control | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Dripping shower thermostatic control in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi Guys,
This is my first post, hope you will help me with my questions.
At home I have a megaflow system feeding a downstairs shower and upstairs bathroom. Two issues with the shower control
1) water too hot, rotating the thermostat only increases the temperature :( looks like it has not been set properly, or needs adjustment.
2) Now it has started to drip constantly, carefully operating the of / off control will slow the drip rate but doesn't stop it.

My question is will it be possible to replace the cartridge in the on/off control to stop it from dripping ? any suggestions on how to remove the cartridge and where to look for a replacement ?
IMG_20181004_064401.jpg

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks Guys, this was purchased from victoriaplum. Have ordered a replacement from them hopefully that will fix the dripping prblm.
What seems to be the problem with the temperature of the water? is it faulty thermostat cartridge or some sort of setting ? There is a black cap that goes on the thermostatic control to stop the extent of rotation does varying the position of that help?

Upvote 0
Thanks Guys, this was purchased from victoriaplum. Have ordered a replacement from them hopefully that will fix the dripping prblm.
What seems to be the problem with the temperature of the water? is it faulty thermostat cartridge or some sort of setting ? There is a black cap that goes on the thermostatic control to stop the extent of rotation does varying the position of that help?

Rotating the black stop sets the maximum controlled temperature, but only if the thermostat is working. It sounds like yours isn't so, effectively you have a manual shower. It will have been correct when fitted, changing that setting now is dealing with the sympton not the cause. The showerdoc site will show you how to strip the on/off cartridge and the temperature cartridge.
In my experience it is a frustrating false economy to do anything other than replace both and the thermostat if it's seperate.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks Shaun. Really appreciate you taking...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
I'm replacing the shower cartridge on my...
Replies
Views
AlexTTT
A
  • Question
I've just replaced an Ultra SASF2 – M...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My shower temperature control isn’t working...
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
No. I've never seen a cartridge that isn't a...
Replies
Views
Back