Dripping shower - valve replaced but not fixed the drip | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Dripping shower - valve replaced but not fixed the drip in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

C

Cardiffdave

Hi I have a Alterna Ortona shower that developed a drip that was getting worse over time.

I did some online research and the advice was to replace the thermostatic cartridge. I purchased what I believe is the correct cartridge (a Bristan 00622415) and did the replacement OK. However when I tested and then turned off the shower within a few seconds the dripping has started again, as bad as ever!

Have I replaced the wrong thing? Is the new cartridge faulty or does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks

I think you purchased the wrong one. Other wise the problem would have hone away. Why don't you try to replace it one more time? Even after replacing for the second time, if the problem still exists then it would be better idea to consult a plumber or a plumbing company.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks Shaun. Really appreciate you taking...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
I'm replacing the shower cartridge on my...
Replies
Views
AlexTTT
A
  • Question
If the 'TPR' valve you usually turn to...
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
With a new cartridge fitted, I find it odd...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If it’s this one, look under the Q&A and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back