Dripping Tundish on a Tribune HE hot water tank | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Dripping Tundish on a Tribune HE hot water tank in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Tundish dripping, not sure if TRV or another pressure relief valve, the mini white tank not being upto pressure or something else.
Suppose job will be work out problem of dripping, and also help identify why diverter valve won't activate when hot water is needed to be tested. I have to hit the motor to get it to kick in but recently replaced thermostat with a new one.

I live in Launceston Cornwall

Attachments

• 20191017_135733.jpg
    20191017_135733.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 9
  • 20191017_135658.jpg
    20191017_135658.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
There are three possible causes for the dripping T&P valve. The simplest is that the expansion vessel has lost its air charge and just needs pumping back up to correct pressure. It is also possible the diaphragm within has failed causing the same symptoms as no air charge. This is the most common cause.

The T&P valve itself may have failed and might need replacing. It happens but usually after a stat failure (or during testing at service) and subsequent discharge and they often fail to re-seat properly after the temperature returns to normal. This might have happened when your old stat went faulty.

Thirdly it could be that the pressure reducing cartridge in the combination valve (aka Group Inlet) has failed and the cylinder got up to incoming mains pressure but that is the least likely scenario by far.

It's a G3 registered engineer's job I'm afraid. I believe I am OK to tell you what I think might be wrong with it but you cannot work on this cylinder yourself sorry to say.

If I have broken the rules by giving out this information, Mods please delete and accept my apologies. It's a bit of a grey area for me after we went international!

Definitely a g3 engys job / realm

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't see your comments?
Replies
Views
PH is 7.5. Chloride is 194. The last water...
Replies
Views
Back