Dry run protection for DC Solar Pump sourcing water from a borehole | Renewables | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Dry run protection for DC Solar Pump sourcing water from a borehole in the Renewables area at Plumbers Forums

We are installing solar power irrigation systems for smallholding farmers in Rural Ghana,

We have 12V DC 0.18kW (max 20A) pumps, there only power source will be a voltage varying from 15-20V coming from solar panels.

The boreholes are narrow, therefore is not much room for a float switch,

The max flow is 20 Litres per minute but more typical flows would be 5-10 liters a minute

Can anyone advise on flow or pressure switch solutions (I have done a google but I don't have experience in this area and am not confident myself)

Ideally, there would be no second power source or battery needed, and the solution should be as low-cost as possible. something under £20 per unit for 20 units would be ideal.

(It's a charity project replicating 20 units - so cost is important)

let me know if i missed out any key info

Back