Dual flush problem cistern removal | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Dual flush problem cistern removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave Mc

Wonder if anyone can help with this one. I have a toilet bought from B&Q about 7 years ago which has a push button dual flush and a cistern which has no lid but is in two sections which slide over each other. I need to get inside but I am having problems releasing the flush so that I can pull the top half off of the lower section of the cistern. I have rotated the flange anti-clockwise to release the flush assembly and popped off both plastic lids on the flush button (there were no rods attached). However, there is no screw underneath and the flush is still attached to something internally. In addition I cannot even screw it back in now!!! Would appreciate any ideas please.
Cheers
Dave

It's hard to imagine what your describing without a picture...

The lids can be have the button screwed itself screwed on or the buttons pull up & there is a flat head screw beneath... Failing that your gonna need a new flush valve to break it off maybe if you have too

Need a pic as said there my be a flat head plastic screw under buttons or the whole bit might screw out

It'll come out some way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes, you were right, I have fixed the flushing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you. Worked a treat,
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
Hello. Did you resolve this? I've what sounds...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just remove the cistern and do the job...
Replies
Views
You might be over tightening the push button...
Replies
Views
Back