Dual flush toilet leaking | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Dual flush toilet leaking in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, I have a dual flush toilet that's leaking water from the cistern to the bowl. I've taken the flush system out cleaned the washer of gunk, cleaned the bottom of the tank and it's still leaking-in fact it was leaking more at 1st! I rotated the unit a little and it slowed down; I can't rotate it more though. Do you think the washer needs replacing? I've checked it, it looks tight ton the unit, cannot see any cracks or splits on it. It is 15+ years old though.... Any advice gratefully accepted.

Sounds like the washer or the unit might be gummed up so binding up when closing ? Does it move smoothly?

When you say 'cleaned the bottom of the tank', did you clean the inside of the flush valve 'socket', ie the surface that the washer seals against. That can get a calcium deposit on it that encourages a leak.

Similar plumbing topics

I would cut it to the right size and glue the...
Replies
Views
Thank for coming back. Really appreciate you...
Replies
Views
1/4" from the bottom of the cistern sounds a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just remove the cistern and do the job...
Replies
Views
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
Back