Dual System | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Dual System in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

My issue is as follows.
We have a combi boiler and a dual CH system one part underfloor &one part radiators. These are controlled by two thermostats .
I’m sure the systems used to operate separately ie the underfloor or the radiators could be on or both depending on the thermostats.
Now we’ve noticed that the radiators are coming on as well when the underfloor thermostat operates. If the radiator thermostat operates the underfloor (pump) doesn’t come on.
I can only find one zone valve which feeds the radiators although l have been told this is powered by the underfloor thermostat.

My question is how SHOULD a system like this be controlled?

Assuming it's a high temperature system then you should have a zone valve for both CH and UFH, each controlled by a stat.
It's most likely the CH valve has failed open or part open.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello mate, I have Tado at home, seems good so...
Replies
Views
They can stick quite easily, try a spray with...
Replies
Views
Boilers are more likely to kettle with reduced...
Replies
Views
N
Agree with the above insulation and windows...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
Back