dual therostatic rough shower valve question | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss dual therostatic rough shower valve question in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi All
What are the two screws marked HP and LP on both sides of the rough valve and also whats the significance of the HP and LP. Are they "check valves" if so what is their function?
The problem I am having is water hammer when the thermostatic shower comes on. Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Higgs

ufg-hr715c.jpg

High pressure or low pressure

Mains eg combi boiler / unvented cylinder (high pressure )

Copper cylinder (low pressure)
ok thanks.
I have an unvented cylinder with a system boiler pressure set to 1.5 bar. How do I set the above two valves marked HP/LP? is it clockwise or anticlockwise for the HP or LP? and how many turns of the screw do you have to do as I noticed that affects the water flow rate. Or is it simply turn till it turns no more?
Can these valves also be used as isolation valves during servicing?
Could any of the above be causing the water hammer? no other water appliance causes water hammer in the house just the two identical showers in seperate bathrooms.

Upvote 0
Think it's more of a stamp to show its suitable for both

Do you have the water hammer with any other taps etc?

Upvote 0
No not with any taps ? I don't think it's a stamp to show its suitable for both. If it is then why are they adjustable?

just found the instructions all whats under them caps are check valves

might be best phoning the manufacture up

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello, We hade a problem with our hot water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You could use these below. It will depend how...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks BeeGee, appreciate the steer 👍
Replies
Views
  • Question
Update. Here’s the finished bathroom I’m...
Replies
Views
Back