Duravit Toilet Seat - Help!!! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Duravit Toilet Seat - Help!!! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

swphil

Hi

This is my 1st post! I'm trying to find out how to resolve a problem with a toilet seat that is lose. It is a Duravit close coupled model and I have removed the two white lugs from near the seat pivot points. The toilet was installed a couple of years ago and the original instructions and allen keys are not available. I believe a small allen key is required but I have tried several and they don't appear to make any connection when I tried. Guests arriving for Christmas tomorrow so any tips VERY gratefully accepted! :)

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Duravit Toilet Seat

Some technical info is on their website - have you checked there yet?

Re: Duravit Toilet Seat

Hi

I did look there but apart from some CAD drawings I could not find anything helpful. Is there a URL you have please?

Thanks in advance

Phil

If you have a toilet seat that is continually working loose a good way of fixing the problem is by carving out the front buffers so as part of each buffer sits inside the rim of the bowl thereby preventing the seat sliding sideways,

As you have found out removing the buffers does not always work,

The cause of the problem is that pan manufactorers dont talk to seat manufacturers and vice versa.

Good idea but I firstly need to remove the seat. I think I need an allen key but am not sure of the size or the angle it needs to go into the slot I have opened up.

Surely there must be some Duravit experts out there........... ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Normally I use a piece of cardboard under the...
Replies
Views
Back