E6 gas meter | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss E6 gas meter in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
At a job which is having major work done. I'm moving the boiler and the gas meter is being moved too. I need to remove the gas meter tonight and put it somewhere safe. With it being a e6 meter I'm wondering if there is a limit of time that it can be disconnected for or will it throw up any kind of problem after say 24 hours of it being disconnected.

At a job which is having major work done. I'm moving the boiler and the gas meter is being moved too. I need to remove the gas meter tonight and put it somewhere safe. With it being a e6 meter I'm wondering if there is a limit of time that it can be disconnected for or will it throw up any kind of problem after say 24 hours of it being disconnected.
It won't give you any problems. Cap it and put it in a safe place. Job done.

I dont think there is afaik.
Just a tip switch or something that stops anti tamper

That's what I thought, there might be an anti tamper on it.
Cheers
I'll post back if I end up having to do this

Take it home with you, but don't replace it with you're meter!!lol:wink_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I had it at least once, told customer to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Yes, for 20p it'll save the mess and you can...
Replies
Views
you will have to call the gas transporter /...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
Need to contact the gas networks as the supply...
Replies
Views
Back