Eaga/Warmfront Work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Eaga/Warmfront Work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

D

Don Kiddick

Hi, I've been sub contracting doing one day heatings, boiler swaps and combi conversions for a firm in Liverpool for Eaga/Warmfront.

Recently been layed off and want to get work for myself from the scheme but don't really know how.

I've enquired to Warmfront/Eaga etc an every time leads down a blind alley, been on Carilion website but nothing has come to light about working for them.

Does anyone know how to view the jobs in your area to tender for or get on theior list of approved contractors etc.

Any help would be greatly welcome.

Thank you in advance!:D

No No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my advice stay well away from eaga as a contractor absolute shower of complete muck and seriously bad bad bad payers , can give you a long list of plumbers whom had sane problem with them .
From what i can gather tho on the books totally different attitude if your on the books

hi ive worked for eaga now carilion for 5 years direct labour and since the budgets been slashed we are haveing probs getting are own jobs god knows how subcontractors are copping things are got worst since march ,i have tried to seek subcontract work myself but the doors seem to be shut

The contractor list is available but was tendered last year, so the only way you would get on now is to sub contract to those installers such as Warmer Heating, Eaga Heat, Help Link or Fenhams up my way. If you ring the carillion switchboard im sure they would send you a contractor list.

work has dropped 70% though so might be hard to find work to do.

Tories strike again, are we modern day miners?
And about time it was.
The whole warmfront, aega, iguana and god knows what other names has been a complete waste of money £3000-£4000 of taxpayers money to do 1 day install jobs of £400 boilers.
Countless pensioners and other vulnerable people ripped off with excessive own contributions for poor quality installs. Thousands upon thousands of official complaints. Boilers failing en masse within two years of being installed.
A complete scam where the chosen few rake it in over the backs of hundreds underpaid subbies, and all at the expense of the taxpayer.

I couldn't agree more with regards to the big firms ripping people off at the tax payers expense i.e. I swapped a combi in an old dears house, straight swap with no valves/TRVs and the cost had come to £3000. The boiler was an Ideal Logic 24 which must be £700 to £750 boiler and flue and a £120 programmer.

I just wish they would spread the work around for us little guys to earn a crust rather than the big firms taking on subbies, paying low money, treating them like crap (I still haven't recieved my last wage) and sacking folk left right and centre (I did well, last one to go out of the 20 different subby teams that started in Jan but now the work has dried up so I'm down the swanny).

I couldn't agree more with regards to the big firms ripping people off at the tax payers expense i.e. I swapped a combi in an old dears house, straight swap with no valves/TRVs and the cost had come to £3000. The boiler was an Ideal Logic 24 which must be £700 to £750 boiler and flue and a £120 programmer.
1 quick search brings the logic up for just over £600 for me, companies that size are bound to get them for a lot less. If I remember correctly, the subsidies have gone up to £3400, and the subbies get about a ton for sticking it in. That leaves a clean, riskfree profit of between £2500 and £3000 at the cost of the already heavily burdened taxpayer.
If that is not an outrage, I don't know what is.

hi guys ive worked on the books for five years until recently installing boilers heating systems i know what your saying alot off money has gone to directors ect who have all left with a few million in the bank,landlords have been the biggest scammers hundreds of heatings ive fitted for landlords getting there houses done up and then put rents up,i dont know how many jobs private engineers would have got if many of the customers had no money,well i could say alot but i will not bore you

my mother had a warmfront system fitted over a year ago, i have had to refit the entire system. they even had the bathroom radiator piped both sides to the return. they never tested the artex before making holes, i fix 4 leaks on rad valves after less than one week the list goes on and on. They didnt even get any pipework drops level. What a Mess!!

yes over 4000 gas engineers working for warmfront some about 14yrs old by the look of them bound to get some crap jobs ,dont put all off us in that cat ,im a good engineer with many letters from gratefull customers

yes over 4000 gas engineers working for warmfront some about 14yrs old by the look of them bound to get some crap jobs ,dont put all off us in that cat ,im a good engineer with many letters from gratefull customers
Can't tar all engineers with the same brush, not even at warmfront.
But it is a proven fact that the average quality is poor, and the value for money off the low end of the scale.
If it was a private company, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but this debacle is funded with our dosh.

dont get me wrong, all large companys have bad apples. I do think the quality control needs improvement aswell as the customer service, and drilling into artex walls without having them tested would get most contracting companies in trouble with the hse. If that was done on the jobs i work on the job would get stopped.

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do...
Replies
Views
J
A gas engineer with respect and quality will...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Only level 3 available. I understand where...
Replies
Views
Hi Josh, Hope you don't mind me asking but...
Replies
Views
G
Hi guys I am recently trained and Gas Safe...
Replies
Views
Gas safety guy
G
Back