Earth continuity/testing - one for Murdoch? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Earth continuity/testing - one for Murdoch? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

A

Aquarius

Thought I’d divert from hijacking the other thread 😁

I quite often fit class 2 wireless thermostats, sometimes battery thermostats (so just live and switched), and often Honeywell T6360 thermostats.

Questions if I may? (Can’t remember if I’ve asked on here before)

On the class 2 wireless thermostats, which usually take their load from the boiler or a fcu, do I still need to provide the cpc if it’s not connected at either end? I’m told from our electrician’s that I’m to provide the cpc, but leave the it not connected, but so it can be checked?

On the battery thermostats - not sure how I maintain the earth continuity? I presume this is connected elsewhere?

On the Honeywell’s I park the cpc, which is fine. If I’m replacing like for like, do i need to do any testing? The reason being, when I replace a pcb, I usually check the earth loop using my Martindale ez650.

Many thanks.

On the class 2 wireless thermostats, which usually take their load from the boiler or a fcu, do I still need to provide the cpc if it’s not connected at either end? I’m told from our electrician’s that I’m to provide the cpc, but leave the it not connected, but so it can be checked?

The CPC should be connected at the FCU or boiler. It is NOT acceptable to use a cable without a CPC when 230v is connected
On the battery thermostats - not sure how I maintain the earth continuity? I presume this is connected elsewhere?

On the Honeywell’s I park the cpc, which is fine. If I’m replacing like for like, do i need to do any testing? The reason being, when I replace a pcb, I usually check the earth loop using my Martindale ez650.

Many thanks.

A battery thermostat is powered by a battery so a CPC is irrelevant, but on the main powered RF part the CPC should be connected to the source

Thanks, but I’m confused, if the battery stat (uses 2 wires) uses 230vac switching, surely a cpc is needed?

On the cpc connected to fcu or boiler, for an rf receiver, do I just terminate the other end in a chock block or wago?

Also on the Honeywell 230vac, I connect the cpc which is already there, do I need to do any testing?

Thanks, but I’m confused, if the battery stat (uses 2 wires) uses 230vac switching, surely a cpc is needed?

On the cpc connected to fcu or boiler, for an rf receiver, do I just terminate the other end in a chock block or wago?

Also on the Honeywell 230vac, I connect the cpc which is already there, do I need to do any testing?

my bad - when I read battery stat, I thought you meant a battery RF stat!

So yes a cable with PL and Sl should always have a CPC connected to the supply end

Similar plumbing topics

I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
N
As above. Thread closed.
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back