Earthing a sink/mains water in rubber pipe | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Earthing a sink/mains water in rubber pipe in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

J

JRD

Hi I'm replacing a kitchen, the original having been ripped out. On of my tasks is to install sink.

The mains water s coming in to the house via a plastic pipe, then the stop tape, then more plastic pipe, before being connected to a copper pipe.

Do I need to earth the sink? there is no sign of earthing clips or earthing wires.

I have a photo but can't attach it

Thanks in advance

A kitchen is not a special location so no supplementary bonding on your sink is required.

Thank you for the quick reply

Just out of interest what is special location?

And There doesn't appear to be any bonding near the mains, is this ok, I'm guessing the plastic pipe removes the requirement.

Thank you for the quick reply

Just out of interest what is special location?

Marinas, locations containing swimming pools, sauna, bath or a shower.
Also medical locations, operating and maintenance gangways. Hospitals, private clinics, healthcare centres, dental practices dedicated medical rooms in the workplace.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
But go steady this can be brittle and snap on...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Also I don't think he'll be able to get a bit...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you, I’ll do just that. Much appreciated
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the tip. I have an outside tap so...
Replies
Views
Make sure there is a means of isolating the...
Replies
Views
Lloyd999
L
Back