Easy way of working out a system volume ? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Easy way of working out a system volume ? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

B

BogBeast

Hi all.

I want to give my central heating system a dose of cleaner. Host of the the cleaners I look at spec and mount of cleaner per system volume.

How do you estimate the capacity of a system? I have a mix of UFH and 7 rads spread out over a bungalow. I have no idea how much water is in it to put in the correct dose of cleaner and then inhibitor?

Or does it really matter? I guess it might be better to put more cleaner in, I am assuming it wont damage anything other than my wallet ?

Thanks

Be careful when cleaning older systems. Some systems have copper pipework which is thin wall and susceptible to pin-hole leaks. Thin-wall can be easily identified because it is marked with a red stripe running down the outside walls of the pipe. Thus the type of cleaner is important, along with calculating the volume and after-treatment of the make-up water. If you fail to flush out the cleaner properly, this may lead to a high-ph in the system leading to the liquid becoming an aggressive electrolyte, causing on-going electrolytic corrosion leading to sludge and the build up of magnetite - radiators can also become prone to pin-holes.

Similar plumbing topics

From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
You will not damage it any more then it...
Replies
Views
yes , the meter for the immersion heater. Not...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back