Ebay boiler installs | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ebay boiler installs in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says free power flush with free chemicals.....I'd love to watch these guys work, theirs just no money in it!

It says free power flush with free chemicals.....I'd love to watch these guys work, theirs just no money in it!
A properly done full power flush with individual flushing of each rad.+ chemicals should come in close to their install price.I am not sure they pull in the customers most of us want .I can see people being suspicious of too cheap prices.Still there are boilers been thrown in on the eco scheme at £200 a go on the basis it is £1000 a week.

Had a call from someone today.I could have shown him this ad.but he would have wanted to negotiate!!! 'Hello do you fit boilers?' 'Yes sir what were you wanting? I supply and fit most makes.' 'Oh,I want the cheapest sh... you can hang on the wall.I'll supply it.I can get one for £400 all in.What do you charge for fitting? I have got £150 on offer,can you do any better?'I was remarkably polite throughout.I think I was in shock.

What do you charge for fitting? I have got £150 on offer,can you do any better?

Your answer should have been, "yes Sir I can do considerably better, but not for that price, good bye"

I think fair play to the e-bay lad from liverpool. Pictures wernt that bad, seen worse from BG.

Wonder if I could make money doing this? £500 labour for a combi swap anyone?

Had a call from someone today.I could have shown him this ad.but he would have wanted to negotiate!!! 'Hello do you fit boilers?' 'Yes sir what were you wanting? I supply and fit most makes.' 'Oh,I want the cheapest sh... you can hang on the wall.I'll supply it.I can get one for £400 all in.What do you charge for fitting? I have got £150 on offer,can you do any better?'I was remarkably polite throughout.I think I was in shock.

Some folk :lol:

A properly done full power flush with individual flushing of each rad.+ chemicals should come in close to their install price.I am not sure they pull in the customers most of us want .I can see people being suspicious of too cheap prices.Still there are boilers been thrown in on the eco scheme at £200 a go on the basis it is £1000 a week.
£1000 a week less tax as a subby is good money in my honest opinion. I'd snatch their hand off if I could do it.

£1000 a week less tax as a subby is good money in my honest opinion. I'd snatch their hand off if I could do it.
If it was straight forward, take boiler off wall put new one on I might have considered it for a few weeks.It is not a straightforward situation with the eco scheme.You are relying on other peoples surveys ,some are nightmare jobs for your £200.Those in charge vary.Some seem to take care and also fit to a standard but some boilers are going on dirty systems,no filters to keep them clean etc Luckily I have had a few installs of my own at a decent rate + services/repairs.I wasn't been 'snooty' about a wage of £1000 per week if it is possible to earn it..I have heard /know of so many issues with this scheme I have swerved it so far but would do it for a decent firm if I was stuck.Back to the ebay boilers.It is not a market for me and it can drag down prices for those who try to give a top quality service.

At the end of the day, folk who want stuff done cheap will never pay enough to do a proper job, I'm quite happy leaving them to the likes of the e-bay lot as they tend to be the worst custs to work for.

Sorry boys, but i refuse point blank to do a boiler job where i cant take the time it takes me to do a good, tidy and proper job to the standard i would be happy to have in my own home. There will always be "fitters" and i use that term loosely, who are happy to throw a boiler at the wall from the front door and walk away leaving the install partially commissioned as we all know it takes considerably longer than half a day to do the job properly.......i fully expect that someone will respond with a comment that they can work at the speed of light and miss nothing........perhaps i am sceptical or slow, but i'm happy to work that way........and i can sleep sound.

I don't agree. Fitting the boiler is relatively quick and painless, it's the flushing that takes time.

I did this one by 10.30 and just had flush and conny left. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390086110.807103.jpg

I think my record is a profile to a ri swapped and fired up again before 9 (me and a boy).
It was around 1 before we were finished tho.

Mine was isar to logic plus in and out 3.5 hr system had been flushed by others.

Rarely get combi swaps like that on eco, normally in kitchens with next to no space and a nightmare getting the filter in, oh an generally a 28mm gas run

Hot flush and commission done at same time as eating and packing up tools. Was an empty house so no sheets or clutter in the way.

me and partner could do a combi and 6 rads in a day in a empty place back in the day when we were considered skilled cos we could use a manometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
I'm sorry it's been difficult reading. Is this...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
Pump/feed/expansion are piped/in wrong...
Replies
Views
A bit late but what were the test results, did...
Replies
Views
Back