Ecomony 7 hot water immersion not working | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ecomony 7 hot water immersion not working in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

S

ShazDorm

Hi, I have a big old water tank that is heated by electric immersion. I am also on ecomony 7 (cheaper electric at night rate). So a few days ago hot tap water started running cold and not heating tank at night. There is a day switch in im bedroom (marked day immersion) which i've turned to on and have had hot water since but I have a few questions:
Guessing the probelm is the thermostat or element for the night heating, or maybe the electrics to that thermostat but any advice would be great thank you
If I cant afford to get someone to fix it is it ok just to just use the day switch to heat the water from now on? will this harm the tank? cost me loads more money? if so could I just switch it on an hour before hot water needed to save money?

i take it your day 1 is at the top of ur tank and ur night 1 is at the bottom if it ur bottom 1 that has gone the 1 at the top will only heat that top part of ur cylinder so u wont get that much hot water u will need to get a plumber in to change it unless ur confident to do it ur self it might well just be ur thermostat to that 1 that is nackered u need to check with a multi meter that there is power to it if not theres ur problem

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I am moving into an all electric small flat...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Except your response got me thinking. Going...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes that would work in my opinion not a expert...
Replies
Views
  • Question
They are easy to find by Googling once you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://myenergi.info/viewtopic.php?p=87432#p87432
Replies
Views
Back