Economy 7 Immersion Heater Timer | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Economy 7 Immersion Heater Timer in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi All,

I have a very strange problem to solve.

We are on economy 7 metering with 2 CU, 1 for appliances/lights and 1 for our heaters and the immersion heater. The immersion heater has its own 16amp fuse on the CU.

The problem we have is the immersion heater switches on about 3pm and goes off around 5pm we have looked everywhere and cannot seem to find any sort of timer switch. Is one of the meters controlling when the immersion heater comes on and off?

We are going to have another look for some sort of timer at the weekend and I was looking for any information to help me understand how this could be happening.

Sorry for the lack of information/detail

Sounds like the timing of your economy seven is out, I’ve come across this before. It thinks it starts at 3pm, by 5pm I expect the cylinder is hot so the immersion goes off again.

Observe which tariff meter is running when this immersion comes on at 3pm.
It is then for you to decide wether to tell the electric company and get the timing correct OR wether the way it is is beneficial to you 😉

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Except your response got me thinking. Going...
Replies
Views
  • Question
And once again Basher you‘re spot on! Have...
Replies
Views
O
I have not seen a Horstmann boiler, in the...
Replies
Views
E
Is it an unvented cylinder? Sounds like issue...
Replies
Views
so if you already have and use E7 then it...
Replies
Views
Back