Ecotec 831 inlet pressure drop | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ecotec 831 inlet pressure drop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I've got my gas safe inspection on thursday and because i've just started business again, i've not got much to show the inspector. I'f got a service booked in and I was going to go over my boiler at home.

Most people are aware that new boilers suffer a drop across the gas valve, but I cannot find it written in the vaillant manual I have with my boiler at home.

I've got a 2.6mb drop from meter to gas valve inlet. I always knew it to be a 2mb drop across the valve on vaillants but as said cannot find it anywhere?

Has anyone got a copy of this they can point me towards as the last thing I want to do is show him my boiler at home with un acceptable inlet pressure!

Just to add, that is on P.1 Max setting which is a joke if you ask me as when it is fired on h/w it's about 1.8mb drop total. Can't find what you should test at in manual though.. H/W if you ask me?

For some reason even though i know the bloke from the last time I was registered, i'm a little bit jumpy about the whole thing as i've been off gas work for a few years and i'm wondering where i will come unstuck with change in reg's etc!

Cheers, Sam

Last edited:
Check the gas safe tech bulletins. There was one on this a while back.
It does say in the vaillant manual somewhere around the commisioning section. No less than 17 mb rings a bell

Graham

I thought it was 1.5mb across the valve so a 2.5mb allowance overall. Assuming 19mb lowest allowed at meter then 16.5 was ok at the boiler. There definitely was a techanical bulletin about it. I'm guessing you are using an electronic manometer to see a 2.6mb difference, if so then use a standard water guage and it will look like 2.5mb and be ok lol.

Cheers guys,

I checked through the book and it says to measure inlet pressure by running a tap, result i'm well within. I knew it was ok as it's only about 7-8 metres of 22mm from meter, but just being paranoid.

It's does say no less than17mb in the book although not very clearly as to why, whereas the Idela book has a chart which explains the losses etc much more useful

check the manufactures website or give them a call for the information about pressure loss. You dont know if your inspector will question you on wether its ok to leave it without manufactures data to prove the loss is across the boiler internals so it would be best to cover yourself and if he/she does ask then you will look like your on the ball.

I really don't think a gas safe inspector will care for the specifics as long as you demonstrate that you know what you're doing. The working pressure at the meter should be 21 give or take 1 mbar and you should really only lose a mbar on the pipework. If you get more than that at the gas valve, just tell him it's probably the isolation valve but you're gonna gas rate it to be sure. Simples.

I really don't think a gas safe inspector will care for the specifics as long as you demonstrate that you know what you're doing. The working pressure at the meter should be 21 give or take 1 mbar and you should really only lose a mbar on the pipework. If you get more than that at the gas valve, just tell him it's probably the isolation valve but you're gonna gas rate it to be sure. Simples.

are you sure?

Christ, give or take 2 mbar then. The point is if the working pressure at the boiler is lower than 18mbar, gas rate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

More than fine then in 11/5 tube should be...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, So just had power restored again...
Replies
Views
Like a Trombone, yes. Please take this into...
Replies
Views
Check the magna valves.
Replies
Views
Back