EcoTec exp vessels | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss EcoTec exp vessels in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

wattsie1987

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Is it just me of any of you finding that the vessels only seem to have .25 bar in them brand new. Having to pump every one up lately.

I find most vessels I fit as spares come with less than stated on the side. Probably why you have to pump them up at 3 years old. Good job you're checking them and very thorough. Nice one.

have never checked and fit plenty of them, Have never noticed pressure surge due to expansion in any installs or later servicing ( tbh the only time i check the expansion is on a service and the whole systems full). are you defiantly sure because there pre charged and the vast majority (all boilers)come from the same place ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I allways check them, they all vary, especially the potable type on unvented. I have taken them out of the boxes with as much as 6 bar in them.

On the first fill I am always next to the boiler topping it up, and I can always hear when the water rushes into the expansion vessel around 0.75 bar on the Worcesters!!

Most the unvented expansions I go to are always down on pressure with the vessel drooping off the wall with the weight of water in em!!!

Most the ones I see are in a new build estate on ariston tanks! Maybe the quality is to what it used to be?

Is it just me of any of you finding that the vessels only seem to have .25 bar in them brand new. Having to pump every one up lately.

Yes, that's why if you have noticed the pressure gauge looks to be low (only just above the red) even though the digital gauge is reading 1.5-2.0 bar. I mentioned this a few years ago to Vaillant but they didn't seem bothered and could give no explanation.

Vaillant expansion vessels always have gone for a past time as well which is due to them being under inflated from the factory in my opinion. Most when I check are about 0.45bar and these were all 18-24 months old. I'm sure they haven't all dropped.

I've also noticed that the schrader valves often pass as soon as you touch them?

I've also noticed that the schrader valves often pass as soon as you touch them?

Thats why I don't touch the news ones lol, incase I suspect there low....?

Seems to be since the Ecomax that they've used rubbish vessels even though they are Zilmet ones I think? Since they started using the oblong ones that are easier to replace...

You can buy a replacement from CIMM which is cheaper and exactly the same fit, just a different colour. Check the pre-charge on it though as they come set at 1.5 bar.

Haven't had any problems with these but in fairness you normally only replace a vessel once in its lifespan.

You can also replace just the schrader valve but i've never got around to buying the tool!

Just looked on eBay 25 METAL SCHRADER VALVE CORES WITH FREE VALVE CORE REMOVER TOOL !! | eBay

Just finally bought one, wonder if it fits universally?

Last edited:
Zilmet make lots of Exp vessels for lots and lots of mfrs. my favourite valliant one is the 2' square one with m25 bolt through middle. Never burst always need replacing. Easier to close valves and remove boiler .

Yep it just about blew the gauge out of your hand. They were usually Varem vessels. I reckon they used to leave the hose on too long at the factory just to naff you off lol.

Yep it just about blew the gauge out of your hand. They were usually Varem vessels. I reckon they used to leave the hose on too long at the factory just to naff you off lol.
Dont know what happened there = post 6 Idchappy's

have never checked and fit plenty of them, Have never noticed pressure surge due to expansion in any installs or later servicing ( tbh the only time i check the expansion is on a service and the whole systems full). are you defiantly sure because there pre charged and the vast majority (all boilers)come from the same place ?

Yea definitely its the same with a few glowworms I have fitted too, but pretty sure they are the same vessel. I work for a big company and our service guys picked it up and since checking them on install every one is low. Vaillant say they've never had any previous problem reported regarding the vessel charge pressure. Ive found all 11 I've fitted this year low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
Hi all, My pressure is stable at 1.5 when...
Replies
Views
Damo666
D
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Pin hole leak on suction side of pump.
Replies
Views
You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
Hi There, What did you decide to do in the end?
Replies
Views
Back