Ecotec Plus 824 combi | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ecotec Plus 824 combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
How do the side panels come off? Sorry for stupid question! Just don't look like they do but I thought they did

I thought it was only on the new ErP models?

How do the side panels come off? Sorry for stupid question! Just don't look like they do but I thought they did

They don't do I don't think. What you taking them off for, you can get all things from front

They don't do I don't think. What you taking them off for, you can get all things from front

No it's fine - had to change a flow pipe as rubber was leaking.. pile of pooh as replacement just kept peeing out of connection under burner .. no matter how many times I took out and put back, slightly sealed o-ring with lsx, still leaked. Changed o-ring, still leaked. In the end I just sealed old rubber piece and put old pipe back.

Hate Vaillant!!!

No it's fine - had to change a flow pipe as rubber was leaking.. pile of pooh as replacement just kept peeing out of connection under burner .. no matter how many times I took out and put back, slightly sealed o-ring with lsx, still leaked. Changed o-ring, still leaked. In the end I just sealed old rubber piece and put old pipe back.

Hate Vaillant!!!

Is that the common rubber hose which goes brittle & leaks? Did you get the rip-off copper pipe replacement?

Is that the common rubber hose which goes brittle & leaks? Did you get the rip-off copper pipe replacement?

I did yes and yes it's that piece of pooh rubber hose.. a waste of money that replacement pipe, just like their boilers

There's an upgraded part for this. Made of copper

Yeah, that's the one I got, but it has a plastic extension piece before it slots into the pipe coming out the burner, and it's that plastic extension that leaked.. why they had to make an extension is stupid.. obv to fit different boilers but still.. STUUUUUPID!!

Rather be working on an ideal isar eh?

Twisted underneath it trying to get trap out

Rather be working on an ideal isar eh?

Twisted underneath it trying to get trap out

easier to fit a new boiler :D

and naughty jay never use lsx dont need it hammer will fix most things

Last edited:
easier to fit a new boiler :D

and naughty jay never use lsx dont need it hammer will fix most things

Indeed.. I shoulda just hammered their boiler to a pulp and said it's beyond economical repair and quoted for a Worcester ;)

Indeed.. I shoulda just hammered their boiler to a pulp and said it's beyond economical repair and quoted for a Worcester ;)

now your learning

part of the old fibre washer wasnt still stuck to the fitting was it by chance?

now your learning

part of the old fibre washer wasnt still stuck to the fitting was it by chance?

Neither end has a fibre washer.. just o-rings.. but it was only leaking from the new piece I bought - gonna take it back and get a credit note

Neither end has a fibre washer.. just o-rings.. but it was only leaking from the new piece I bought - gonna take it back and get a credit note

did you use silicon spray when you pushed her home?

did you use silicon spray when you pushed her home?

Used the silicon gel they give with the new part.. took the pipe out three times just to make sure it got home, put clip on, filled it up and it just sprayed out like a new water feature

Used the silicon gel they give with the new part.. took the pipe out three times just to make sure it got home, put clip on, filled it up and it just sprayed out like a new water feature

Hahaha was it going into plastic or brass/copper?

Jeez I bet they got their blue peter badge for that one!!! Sticky back plastic and some fishy glue lol

Bought loads off them over the years TBF they were advertising in the gsr mag for ages,check out the price on grundfos pumps with them

Hahaha was it going into plastic or brass/copper?

The end of the copper pipe goes into a plastic extension (it came with the replacement pipe which is leaking) which then goes into the plastic connection next to the hex. Wasted a bloomin hour trying to get it to not leak before I gave up and worked in the old pipe

Bought loads off them over the years TBF they were advertising in the gsr mag for ages,check out the price on grundfos pumps with them

Ooooo non erp grun pumps :)

Hate Vaillant!!!

Throw yer LSX to fk. Its a gas board bodge and no better than any other silicon tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

J
Morning all, My Vallient Ecotec Plus 831 is...
Replies
Views
J Hughes
J
Replies
Views
Thanks for that - it's now sorted.
Replies
Views
You’re welcome. Glad it was the right one too.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Back