Ecotec plus phex removal | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ecotec plus phex removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi chaps, I seem to be having trouble trying to get the plate out of this. The screws are so tight that when I turn them it just crushes the screw head so now I am in a bit of a pickle. Anyone got any ideas of how to remove it?

Cheers

heat will help try and do it warm if you can (once they start to go/ turn drain down and undo the rest)

You can drill the heads but you need a longer bit, but there quite soft and easy to drill

Yeah, I tried to drill the heads but as you say, I couldn't get into it, news a longer bit. I guess this is my best option.

The problem is I cannot get any heat going to it as it is choked. And, I have damaged the heads of a couple

if you have damaged them so you cant get a good grip on it get the drill out and try an eazy out if that doesnt work as rabbit said drill the heads off

Another query, got called to a suprima 80 l today. Sparking but no gas. Not even getting a little drop on inket when sparking. Not a sniff on burner pressure either. Think gas valve is knackered but phone tech just to make sure. He says measure power on valve, should be getting 240dc. I am getting 190, says replace the pcb. Oh, ok, I thought gas valve, then he gets me to measure the resistance across top and bottom, think I was getting .9k when it should be 4, then top 2, I am getting .5k and bottom 2 3.9k. He now says, this is a tricky one, maybe replace the gas valve. Alright for him to say, now I shall buy both just incase and then be out of pocket a 120 quid either way

Another query, got called to a suprima 80 l today. Sparking but no gas. Not even getting a little drop on inket when sparking. Not a sniff on burner pressure either. Think gas valve is knackered but phone tech just to make sure. He says measure power on valve, should be getting 240dc. I am getting 190, says replace the pcb. Oh, ok, I thought gas valve, then he gets me to measure the resistance across top and bottom, think I was getting .9k when it should be 4, then top 2, I am getting .5k and bottom 2 3.9k. He now says, this is a tricky one, maybe replace the gas valve. Alright for him to say, now I shall buy both just incase and then be out of pocket a 120 quid either way

dc you sure not ac? as there would need to be a transformer from ac to dc ?

P

You could disconnect lead & supply a separate 240v to the valve to eliminate pcbs power supply

P

You could disconnect lead & supply a separate 240v to the valve to eliminate pcbs power supply

+1 if the valve is ac but not if its dc

have a look on the gas valve just looked on a spares web and says ac on the valve, so dont know

20151119_082304.jpg here you go

So, what I did in the end was buy reconditioned parts to replace both, asked the client 1st and she agreed. So changed the gas valve 1st as it is what I first thought and it was the gas valve. Still replaced pcb though

thnx for letting us know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Just for future reference, a grub screw doing...
Replies
Views
If this is your model, some of your questions...
Replies
Views
Thank you all so much for your replies. I have...
Replies
Views
If its going to anti cycle then its not the...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
No Picture added ???
Replies
Views
Back