Elec shower | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Elec shower in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Friends

I've got an elec shower to fit tomorrow

The old ones off the wall with wires installed. Cold pipe needs adjusting.

The cold sweats have started!

I'm taking swim shorts & towel in case of flooding!

One question that may seem naiave, mmmm... I've seen people drill into walls to install stuff inc. elec showers

How do you know you're not going to hit a wire? Is there a rule of thumb that they'll come from above etc.?

Cheers

If it is a stud wall, then you will probably be able to see what way the cable is routed & turning.
Solid wall, not so easy, but you should turn power and water off and drill carefully and try to avoid drilling vertically at cable and pipe exit points

Upvote 0
Would be handy if you could see the cable going into wall from above, or whatever. But not always possible.
You could always put a sealed junction box on the cable and switch the power on and use an electric live cable detector to see if wire is in wall. Volt stick no use, as needs close contact to cables. Don't forget to turn power off again though! :smile:
I just drill for the screws, where I am confident no cable or pipe and I drill slowly & carefully.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If the original shower was installed properly, then the cable will always be dead vertical, but you never know what some idiot has done, or if cable has been moved a bit to the side on another previous replacement.
Before you screw the shower to wall, try it in place to see if cable will be long enough. It is often I find the biggest worry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Push a long screwdriver through the wall where the cable comes through then try and run the screwdriver around the hole chances are it will stop when you hit the cable.

Upvote 0
What went wrong with it rct ?

Custard been complete nightmare for days, there was other works to complete, bog, basin & other bit

Kept asking about price, this & that everyday, then told me another plumber will do it cheaper, I told him to let him do it

Then I get no I prefer you, I said no, too many problems & changing mind from day 1.

The custard was English. I told him you don't treat people the way he treated me & still think ill help him.

Better off out of it. Luckily I didn't buy materials!

Just wasted plenty of my time.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
No, don’t just fix into tiles. Drill 6mm hole...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What was the incoming pressure and flow...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sure - here are some more but let me know if...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Update : bought a McAlpine ST90CP10-V vertical...
Replies
Views
Back